De Moi

My photo
Love usually ends in pain and hurt…but that doesn't mean that it’s not worth it.~~

22 October 2011

Renewable Marriage

Just to inform you, Renewable Marriage is having an expiration date on the marriage license. It is a proposed bill here in the Philippines that pursue a 10 year life span for a marriage license. After this period, the couple have the opportunity to decide whether they want to renew it or not. If not renewed, it means that their marriage have been nulled or void or simply, they are separated.

It was a bill made by very intelligent minds. How could someone think of it? He or I may say, they are really men of brains. 

But well, if you would ask me if I am in favor of this, well, ... let me tell you this.
I am not yet a professional and I admit that I know very minimal about this issue. I may not be a reliable person to talk about this, but please just bear with me as I share whatever a mind of a typical teenager has regarding this subject. 

As a Christian, of course I am not in favor of this, especially that the Catholic Church, which I have been one, is after the sanctity of marriage. It is not a game, it is a commitment not only between the couple but also with God. Married people have promised that they will love each other until their last breath, so the expiration of marriage is not good to consider. 

Also, if it would actually happen, when most couples felt tired about their marriage without any valid reason, they would just wait for that expiration date. The one who will be left out will be severely affected, most especially their kids. This would also increase the number of broken families in our society. 

Moreover, this idea would also trigger individuals to take marriage as a 'trial and error' thing. This would also promote infidelity, and it simply tells us that we could try everybody, which is very disgusting. It was like prostitution being legalized. It would actually spread sex-related diseases, which would contradict the other hot bill, which is the reproductive health bill in some ways like when you try this woman, then after ten years another woman... then another on the next. But yeah, it would also support the RH Bill by having safe sex within couples especially when they have planned and have known that after ten years they will separate, so they should not have kids so that no one will be affected. 

See how disgusting this idea goes? And if this happens, where's the love? This thing that keeps everyone going and alive, where would it be? Do you think there will still be love after these things? It's as if marriage would not be out of love but out of nothing, just a mere lust and attraction.

Also, if this would ever happen, it will just be an additional burden to families because they have to pay every ten years for the renewal of the license. It would be very stressful.

But well, if more personal reasons would be taken, a part of my mind actually agrees with it. Like if it would ever happen, I could have the opportunity to marry the man that I love even if he's married right now. I'll just have to wait for their marriage's expiry and then we could do what we want. Also, it would be a great test to a husband because after ten years and then when he choose to still renew your marriage, it would prove how much he loves you, which is a very sweet thing. 

But well at the end, this would affect everybody and more on negative side effects, so this is not favorable. I may wish to have that man who have already been taken by someone else, but I don't want to ruin his children's life (but if they don't have children, I will push myself for it. Just kidding!). After all, I don't want to experience being left behind by my husband someday .... and I can't imagine myself when my husband would tell me that he doesn't want to renew our marriage anymore. It would hurt me a lot.

No comments: