De Moi

My photo
Love usually ends in pain and hurt…but that doesn't mean that it’s not worth it.~~

15 March 2010

IF YOUR GIFT IS NOT PACKAGED THE WAY YOU WANT IT, IT'S BECAUSE IT IS BETTER PACKAGED THE WAY IT IS!

As I read the story of the diamond ring I posted earlier, tears ran down my face as I remember what happened last Christmas. Every year, my father keep on giving me greeting cards on different occasions. Because we're not rich, I thought it was the only thing my father could give me. One time before Christmas, I asked him why he kept on giving me cards instead of money or things I wanted. He just smiled but I can feel he's offended with my question. I never asked about it again after that day. I hate to see my father sad about me. Christmas eve came. I came home excitedly, and as I entered our sala, I saw 3 same wrapped gifts in our Christmas tree. I immediately grabbed the one where my name is written...oh! That 3 gifts are for my Kuya, younger sister and I. As I handed the gift, I felt a little bit sad because it is weightless..I mean..it is so light and when I started shaking it, it added to my disappointment because it's clear that the box inside is empty. I just laughed out loud when my father asked me to guess what's inside of what he calls "The Secret Box/Gift". I know for sure it has nothing inside. My brother's box had his shorts inside it because I was asked to open his box and put inside it the shorts. That was when I really thought the box for me and my sister is empty. Christmas came. We celebrated it happily like never before. After our celebration, we got inside our house to open the gifts. The last gift I get is my father's gift. I keep on telling my father that I know it's empty. On my mind I thought, my father is so poor all he can give us now is an empty box wrapped in a Christmas wrapper. I even told him he only wasted 3 whole Christmas wrappers for the empty gifts. But then I thanked him for it. Suddenly, my sister shouted and told me the box had money on it. When I checked mine, I saw 20 peso bills in one corner of the gift. And that's the secret of the gift. I was so happy to see and to have P400.00 all in all.

On the story, the woman left because she thought her husband did not gave her the gift she wanted. At the end, she regret everything she did because what she wanted is in wrapped in the bible given to her by her husband.

Now, the reason why I cried is that I actually can relate myself to the story. I was a very materialistic girl that I happen to be disappointed to my father because I wanted something. I admit, I am really guilty right now.

IF YOUR GIFT IS NOT PACKAGED THE WAY YOU WANT IT, IT'S BECAUSE IT IS BETTER PACKAGED THE WAY IT IS! ALWAYS APPRECIATE LITTLE THINGS; THEY USUALLY LEAD YOU TO BIGGER THINGS.

This is the best lesson I've learned tonight. Thank you God for letting me know this. I love you...

No comments: